Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

28 October 2011

It's Time For Some Statesmen and Stateswomen To Go All Sista Souljah On These Race-Baiters

MSNBC Analyst: GOP Sees Herman Cain as a 'Black Man Who Knows His Place'

5:01 PM, Oct 28, 2011 • By MICHAEL WARREN


On Martin Bashir's television program this afternoon, Democratic strategist and MSNBC analyst Karen Finney said that Republicans are supporting Herman Cain because of his race:





"One of the things about Herman Cain is, I think that he makes that white Republican base of the party feel okay, feel like they are not racist because they can like this guy," Finney said. "I think he giving that base a free pass. And I think they like him because they think he's a black man who knows his place. I know that's harsh, but that's how it sure seems to me."


"Thank you for spelling that out," Bashir responded. 


This isn't the first time liberals have made this kind of charge about Cain and his supporters. During an online production of NBC's Meet the Press this week, Democratic congressman Elijah Cummings of Maryland said white voters support Cain to show they aren't racist. “I think when [members of the Tea Party] can vote for a Herman Cain and hear him say the things that he says they feel like, ‘Well, you know, I can, I support this guy and...so it shows that I’m not racist and I’m supportive,'" Cummings told host David Gregory.


Liberal comedienne Janeane Garafalo told Current TV host Keith Olbermann earlier this month that Cain is popular with Republicans because it "hides the racist element" of the party. Watch that video here.


Sophie:  Don't worry, it won't be President Obama.  He's too busy playing Robespierre-cum-Huey P. Long.  Someone should tell him how both of them came to their ends.

No comments: