Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

01 August 2012

The Self-Defeating Left



 M2RB:  Ten Years After, Woodstock 40th anniversary festival





 


Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity







"Kissing in a gay-hate establishment = fun.

Making conservative families uncomfortable = priceless."

inthemiddle on August 1, 2012 at 3:32 PM 



This is why you are so self-defeating, Lucky Pierre.  As a libertarian, I don’t care what consenting adults do to themselves or to each other. I am pro-SSM. Hell, I am not even opposed to triads. The problem is that you go out of your way to be intolerant, hateful and belligerent to people of faith (not me, I’m an atheist). I might support SSM, but it is not an issue that would ever drive me to the polls…especially as long as you and your comrades continue to employ the militant tactics that you do.

Go ahead and have your kiss-ins. No one cares. You don’t make people uncomfortable. You just look childish.

Just know that the hate emanating from the militant gay rights activists and the desire to impose your opinion on all while silencing opposing views are hurting your cause.

Like me, there are many people who approve of SSM as is demonstrated in numerous opinion polls, but unlike many of us, there are many more that are motivated to go to the polls and vote solely on the issue of SSM, which is why you are 0-32 on the matter when it has been put before the voters.

Your cause may be just, but your tactics make all of you unsympathetic. Rosa Parks and Martin Luther King, Jr, you are not. I would have been driven to the polls because of their plight. They were honourable, peaceful people without hate. You? Not so much.

Seriously, does anyone not think that the pace and/or reach of the civil rights movement would have been changed if the face of it had been the Black Panthers instead of Martin Luther King, Jr?







Sadly for you and your friends, what you want most -- approval from society -- cannot be imposed upon the population even at the point of a gun.  Moreover, the more strident, in-your-face, and hateful you become, the less likely you will ever get what you most want.  You can only achieve approval of society by winning hearts and minds...by proving that you deserve to have a seat at the adult table of society.

Like I said, I truly don't care what consenting adults do and I support SSM.  I am not, however, going to be driven to vote solely or even mostly on that issue ... ever.  Likewise, I don't really approve or disapprove of what you do.  Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.  If you are seeking encouragement and nurturing from me and people like me, you might as well stop now.  Most libertarians are apathetic when it comes to your sex life.  


I know that many lefties will claim that gays don't really want the approval of society.  They will say that they only want to be treated equally under the law, but I have debated many, many homosexuals on this subject and, at the end of the day, everything has always boiled down to "My homosexual relationship is just as valuable to society as a heterosexual one is and society should not only accept it, but approve of it.  If society does not, then it is because they are homophobic."

Make no mistake:  At the root is a desire to be accepted and to have society "bless" their relationships.  That's why a civil union with the same rights as a marriage is not enough.  Without the state-sanctioned and label of "marriage," there is a Plessy "separate but equal" whiff surrounding homosexual relationships.  The problem for gays is that, even if the state imposes SSM on society, such a diktat does not change how people look upon those "marriages." 


As I said, I, personally, do not have a problem with homosexuality; however, that's not really the point.  Society has always put a premium on a marriage between a man and a woman.  This premium has never been extended to hetero couples living together, homosexuals or mums-n-sons sharing a home and expenses.  It may be unfair, but that is just the way that it is and the only way that will ever change is through winning the hearts and minds of those that oppose SSM and through evolution, not revolution.





 Annual Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Hunky Jesus Contest 2008 in San Francisco held on Easter Sunday.

Yeah, that's the way to win "hearts and minds"!  Be as insulting as you possibly can!



If gays want the approval of society, they need to tell their militant, activist wing to start acting like they belong in society.  For example, I can understand why homosexuals are proud to be out after having had to live in the closet.  I get that.  I really do.  What I don't get is how in the world they could possibly think that attending gay pride parades in ass-less leather chaps and performing sex acts in the middle of the street in broad daylight are going to further their cause.  That kind of behaviour leads even moderates and supporters to say, "Hide the children!"  After all, who wants their 6 or 7 year-old witnessing anyone giving or receiving a blowjob in public -- heterosex or homosex?

Finally, the entire purpose of the kiss-in tomorrow is to say, "Look at me, you hateful Christians!  I am trying to get in your face and make you uncomfortable.  I'm doing this, in all honesty, because I really want your approval and, if I have to use thuggery and the government in an attempt to achieve it, then so be it!"

Because of that, I predict that tomorrow's kiss-in will resemble and pack the same "punch" as Ed the Red Schultz's attempt to outdraw Beck in Washington, which was a colossal failure.

You will win no converts and will be demonstrated to be out of the mainstream of public opinion.








"No threat to free speech here."

verbaluce on August 1, 2012 at 2:49 PM



There sure is when government officials step in and state, explicitly, that they will deny licences, permits, etc., solely due to the religious beliefs or opinions of management or owners. CFA doesn’t discriminate against employees or patrons. It has a right to donate to whatever causes it deems and you have a right to refuse to patronise them.

Personally, I hope that idiots like Merino and Emmanuel DO block CFA because, under 42 U.S.C. § 1983, CFA will entitled to treble damages plus attorneys fees and costs not only from the cities of Chicago and Boston, but from the constitutionally-illiterate mayors, personally, running the joints.

Also, they had better hope that Obama wins and Holder keeps his job because they can be criminally charged for denying the civil rights of CFA and would-be franchise owners under colour of law.

Keep it up. I love when your jack-booted intolerance gets the better of you. It makes you do even stupider things.









"Hate speech does not = free speech."

inthemiddle on August 1, 2012 at 3:18 PM 



Bull shit, Lucky Pierre. It is the speech that is most odious and offencive that is most deserving of constitutional protections. If the First Amendment only protects speech that the government or the majority find acceptable, then it is a protection not worth having. For what is protect today, may not be protected tomorrow.

Read this speech, Free Speech in Wartime, from Robert LaFollette, a PROGRESSIVE, and maybe you will understand:


It is considered to be one of the most eloquent defences of free speech ever made in this country.







  Annual Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence Hunky Jesus Contest 2008 in San Francisco held on Easter Sunday.

Hearts and minds, hearts and minds...




http://americansfortruth.com/uploads/2011/04/Folsom-Sister-Perpetual-Indulgence-Bottom-for-Jesus.jpg




 “I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” 

– Voltaire







Seriously?




I'd Love To Change The World - Ten Years After

Everywhere is freaks and hairies
Dykes and fairies, tell me where is sanity
Tax the rich, feed the poor
'Til there are no rich no more

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you

Population keeps on breeding
Nation bleeding, still more feeding economy
Life is funny, skies are sunny
Bees make honey, who needs money, No none for me

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you

Oh yeah!

World pollution, there's no solution
Institution, electrocution
Just black and white, rich or poor
Senators stop the war

I'd love to change the world
But I don't know what to do
So I'll leave it up to you 




No comments: