Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

17 January 2013

Gun Control in Nazi Germany & The Fake Hitler Quote


 M2RB:  Kreator  (Tyranny)





 Have been down for much too long bitter taste of this
Time, getting sick and tired about the way things are
So tell me where is all the peace of mind that I could
Never find, never wanted what you offered me at all


 

 
“This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!”
– Adolph Hitler, 1935

This quote has been popping up lately on a lot of threads where the topic is the Second Amendment and Obama's push for gun control.  We must fight Obama with the law, the facts, logic, and measured and learned responses and reactions.  We cannot afford to have our arguments be diminished because they include a Hitler quote of dubious provenance and historical inaccuracy.

The Nazis did not impose new gun regulations until 1938. They did not need to given the fact that civilian possession of all firearms and ammunition, including those then currently owned, was banned in 1919 by the Weimar Republic when it enacted the Regulations on Weapons Ownership. Germany was required to disarm its populace, in large part, by the Versailles Treaty. The following year, the Weimar government passed the Law on the Disarmament of the People, which put in place the Versailles Treaty’s limitations on military-type weapons in both the hands of the government and the people. 

In 1928, the Weimar government passed the Law on Firearms and Ammunition, which loosened gun laws, but imposed very strict and mandatory licencing. It repealed the 1919 law, Regulations on Weapons Ownership.

The German Weapons Act of 1938 replaced the 1928 law. As with the Law on Firearms and Ammunition of 1928, all but exempted citizens were required to register their weapons and be permitted before acquiring a gun and then permitted again before said firearm could be carried. The law restricted gun ownership to those “…persons whose trustworthiness is not in question and who can show a need for a (gun) permit.”


Under The German Weapons Act of 1938:

* Gun restriction laws applied only to handguns, not to long guns or ammunition. Rifles and shotguns were completely deregulated under this law, as was the ammunition used with either.

* The groups of people exempted from registration and permitting requirements were expanded to include members of the Nazi Party, holders of annual hunting permits, and government workers.

* The legal age of gun ownership was lowered from 20 to 18.

* Gun carry permits were valid for 3 instead of 1 year.

* Jews were not allowed to manufacture or trade in firearms or ammunition. 

* Like the 1928 law, gun sellers at both the wholesale and retail levels were required to maintain records with the names of buyers, types of weapons, and the serial numbers. All of this data was required to be turned over to the national government every year.


In 1939, the Nazis also decreed via the Regulations Against Jews’ Possession of Weapons that no Jew could possess firearms, ammunition, and other specified weapons.

Nevertheless, the point remains: Hitler disarmed the people he wanted to exterminate or control most: The Jews.



Related Reading:
  
“Nazism, Firearm Registration, and the Night of the Broken Glass"

 

Kreator - Tyranny

Have been down for much too long bitter taste of this
Time, getting sick and tired about the way things are
So tell me where is all the peace of mind that
I could
Never find, never wanted what you offered me at all

Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe in
Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe in
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe

Have been broken much too long with a heart of anger
I could never understand what you became so tell me
Where is your heaven on earth that
I could never find
Maybe I am just too blind to realize

Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe in
Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe in
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe

Do you believe in pain
Do you believe in hate
This life it ain't for me
Your world it ain't for me

Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe in
Tell me, tell me, tell me
What do you believe
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe in
Give me, give me, give me
Something to believe


No comments: