Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

13 February 2013

It's Not Django Dorner's Fault! It's The Fault Of The White Men In The LAPD!







"The Dorner case has started a long overdue conversation about institutional racism in police depts.......I mean, you'll get that wherever white males congregate together, are armed and have power over ppl. No, Im saying power corrupts.......but white males with power and guns corrupts abbsolutely (sic)."






Racial makeup of the LAPD:
 

According to the United States Department of Justice, in 2000, the LAPD was:

Male: 82%
White: 46%
Hispanic: 33%
African-American: 14%
Asian-American: 7%

In 2012:


Males:


White males: 3,134
Black males: 1,096
Hispanic males: 3,849
Asian-American males: 755
Native American males: 37
Filipino-American males: 297
Other males: 20

Total males: 9,188



Females:

White females: 970
Black females: 896
Hispanic females: 1,456
Asian-American females: 245
Native American females: 13
Filipina-American females: 132
Other females: 11

Total females: 3,723


 

Percentages in 2012:

Whites: 4,104 = 31.79% of the force
Blacks: 1,992 = 15.43%
Hispanics: 5,305 = 41.09%

Asian-Americans887 = 6.87%
Native American: 50 = .39%
Filipino: 429 = 3.32%
Others: 31 = .24%
Males: 71.16%



Source:  LAPD 2012 Diversity Report

 

Allidunce, it looks like your the basis of your allegation ended years ago.

Allidunce = Wrong, AGAIN.






1 comment:

amr said...

Mr. Dorner actions are unbelievable based on my life's experiences. I have, as part of my profession, uncovered major falsified documents and procedures 3 times during my career and lost my job every time for exposing it and forcing the issue. When you go against the "grain", unless you are a complete fool, you know you face possible consequences. You have to evaluate your position and decide to accept the consequences; you can fight them but in the end, you may lose your job. And you don't kill people because of it. Heck, while not a minority in the usual sense, throughout my school days I was crapped on because my family was low level white collar; people like me were not part of the correct group. Even playing sports, as the coach told me, if I was played, those in the clique wouldn't play. I just played sports outside of school and proved I was as capable as those in the clique. I took it as a challenge. Apparently, Mr. Dorner, never learned how to "fail" and recover as I see throughout our society with younger people. I say that being 68 years of age. We do a disfavor to our citizens when we cover up the learning experience one obtains from failure. I submit that is why we have so much work place violence.

Now, while I lost my jobs, guess what, my reputation which extended into senior management circles, meant I got another job. The senior people marked up what happened to me for changes when they were more practical and I went back to work at another project. Yea, it was a pain to move, but years later those that went after me received their just punishment. So, I wonder if while Mr. Dorner was a thorn in management's side, he didn't have enough value to the LAPD for them to protect him as I was. Just saying.