Fund Your Utopia Without Me.™

18 February 2013

Obama Administration: An AWB Will Not Work. Only Confiscation And A National Gun Registry Will Make Any Difference.



In its 4 January2013 document, Summary of Select Firearm Violence Prevention Strategies, the Obama Justice Department admitted that an assault weapons ban would not be effective without confiscation and gun registration.


 bo gun buyback



“SINCE ASSAULT WEAPONS ARE NOT A MAJOR CONTRIBUTOR TO US GUN HOMICIDE and the existing stock of guns is large, an assault weapon ban is unlikely to have an impact on gun violence. If coupled with a gun buyback and no exemptions (confiscation), then it could be effective.”

- Summary of Select Firearm Violence Prevention Strategies, Department of Justice, 4 January 2013





“I believe in the Second Amendment. I will not take your shotgun away. I will not take your rifle away. I won’t take your handgun away… But I am not going to take your guns away. So if you want to find an excuse not to vote for me, don’t use that one because it just ain’t true. It ain’t true.”

- Senator Barack Obama, 2008




No comments: